Monday, June 11, 2012

13.1

I did it!!!!! My knee (IT Band) was done at mile 7, walk ran to mile 9, walked 3, limped/jogged the last 1.....thank you Shelley Anne Paulson for running/limping me in to the finish I was in so much pain I could not have done it without you. Thank you Lori White Thurman for giving me a pep talk I was so deflated at that moment you lifted my spirits. Knee buckled as soon as I stopped at the finish....got iced at the first aid station. Grateful for the family support. Grateful I finished!!!! I am proud of myself for working so hard and training. A very special thanks to my running partner Brooke Frost.  So many life lessons in sports.  I think mine was to keep moving forward, and endure to the end. 

Now I am taking a break so I can heal. - Aynn Thurman   

"Running is a physical, daily reminder to me that I am strong enough to do hard things."
Best article on running ever!  This is completely how I feel about running.



Comments from family and friends:


  • Maria Mellinger congratulations!!! Hope you took pictures, can't wait to see them. :)


  • Natalie Huff Parke Congrats! It was fun running with you!

  • Kate Coffey Congratulations rock star!


  • Louisa Meyer Heiny You rock!

  • Kirsten Gorski You are awesome!


  • Aynn Ford Thurman I did it!!!!! My knee was done at mile 7, walk ran to mile 9, walked 3 ran the last.....thank you Shelley Anne Paulson for running me in to the finish I was in so much pain I could not have done it without you. Thank you Lori White Thurman for giving me a pep talk I was so deflated at that moment you lifted my spirits. Knee buckled as soon as I stopped at the finish....today is lots of ice. Grateful for the family support. Grateful I finished!!!! I am proud of myself for working so hard and training. A very special thanks for my running partner Brooke Frost.  
    I know I am going to be disappointed with my time because of my injury but I guess my personal best will be easier to come by next time.


  • Shelley Anne Paulson We are so proud of you Aynn! Way to go!


  • Aynn Ford Thurman Thank you everyone for your kind words and support!

  • Lynn DeKay Thurman Congrats, Aynn, All your hard work has paid off. Now, when is the next one?

  • Brooke Frost You did so great. So proud of you. Happy we got to go on this little journey together...but I am looking forward to styaing in my bed tomorrow morning instead of being dropped off in a dark, cold canyon at 0-dark thirty by Chad Frost!


  • Sonya Guerrero Congratulations you super fit lady! So proud of you xxx


  • Heidi Rote Im so proud of you!!


  • Melinda Ann Francks That is an awesome accomplishment!!


  • Carrilyne Chord Jaynes Aynn, you are amazing! I am so happy for you to finish your first half! Take care of your knee, the next one will be easier!


  • Crystal Zarate Alfaro I forgot to congratulate you! Great job!

     Aynn Ford Thurman Some 3,000 people catching a bus at 4:30 am that is just for the 1/2.  The bus just kept driving and driving. I thought maybe he got lost. Into the deep dark woods we went. Thank goodness we don't be doing this again tomorrow as you said Brooke Frost!

No comments:

Post a Comment